Since there are no McNeel authorized Rhino 3D trainers teaching in the Bay Area, I’ve decided to come out every couple of months to run intensive, hands-on workshops! I am offering two options: Rhino Level 1 and Rhino Level 2. I will also be available for a limited number of private and semi-private tutoring during the week I am visiting.
Students will need to have a laptop with the PC version of Rhino installed (the evaluation version is fine). Two rental laptops are available on a first-come, first-served basis, at $25 per day.
LEVEL 1 NURBS MODELING:
June 7, 8, & 9 (10AM to 7PM) $695
This is the standard Level 1 class taught by McNeel, and is for professional, computer-literate students who have little or no experience with NURBS modeling and Rhino. We will work through about 70 different hands-on exercises over 24 hours.
- Understand the vocabulary of the Rhino interface
- Understand the features of the Rhino interface
- Customize your tools
- Create basic objects
- Model using cordinate input, object snaps and SmartTrack tools
- Modify curves and surfaces with edit commands
- Use control point editing to modify curves and surfaces
- Analyze your model
- Render your model
LEVEL 2 NURBS MODELING:
June 28, 29, & 30 (10AM to 7PM)
This class is the standard Level 2 class taught by McNeel, and is for professional, computer-literate students who have completed Level 1 or who are comfortable with NURBS modeling and Rhino. We will work through about 70 different hands-on exercises over 24 hours.
- Customize toolbars and toolbar collections
- Create simple macros
- Use advanced object snaps
- Use distance and angle constraints with object snaps
- Construct and modify curves that will be used in surface building using control point editing methods
- Evaluate curves using the curvature graph
- Use a range of strategies to build surfaces
- Rebuild surfaces and curves
- Control surface curvature continuity
- Create, manipulate, save, and restore custom construction planes
- Create surfaces and features using custom construction planes
- Visualize, evaluate, and analyze models using shading features
- Map planar curves to a surface
- Create 3D models from 2D drawings and scanned images
- Clean up imported files and export clean files
- Use rendering tools
PLEASE NOTE: *Classes will only run if six or more students are registered.